I am Mrs. B. I’m a thirty something busy mommy of 18 month old twin boys and the wife to the most amazing and supportive husband who is my best friend. I am a stay-at-home mom living in Toronto.
More About Me
- I have a BA in Sociology and a BASc in Nutrition Sciences.
- In my “spare time” (a.k.a. nap time) I love to cook for my family.
- I love cook books, cooking magazines, cooking blogs and cooking television shows. I should be a gourmet chef for the amount of time I spend I’ve spent reading recipes and watching people cook.
- I love taking recipes and making them healthier.
- My philosophy on food is all about balance and moderation. I don’t believe in dieting, but rather changing your lifestyle to one that you can HAPPILY maintain. For me this includes eating birthday cake!
- My 2 favorite things to eat are salads and birthday cake.
- I LOVE birthday cake! But I’m very specific about it. It has to be white or marble cake, I will not eat chocolate cake, and the icing MUST be vanilla. I may even take a second piece if the icing has been sprayed a bright blue or pink color. For some reason those colors just make it taste better. Who’s with me on this?
- I love the smell of icing so much that I collect icing-scented hand creams, body lotions and air fresheners. Of course smelling icing all day makes me want to eat birthday cake. I promise this will be the last mention of cake…for this post.
- I hate exercise. I contemplate exercising on a weekly basis. Sadly I’ve come to the conclusion it probably isn’t going to happen…at least not anytime soon since I spend my days chasing around the twinadoes.
- I don’t drink alcohol. I just don’t like the taste so I don’t think it’s worth the calories.
- I CAN’T watch a movie more than once.
- I don’t like to use kitchen appliances. The time it takes to clean them negatively outweighs their helpfulness.
- I menu plan EVERY week AND I enjoy it.
- l love going to the grocery store. I could spend hours there. I especially love finding great new healthy products.
- I hate when people call my house during the sacred nap time or after the kids go to bed. I’m not nice to these people. They won’t even get a “hello”, but instead will simply hear me hang up the phone on them. Why don’t I just take the phone off the hook you might ask, because I ALWAYS forget, but I’m a mom of twins so I’m allowed to forget the same thing day after day.
- I don’t like having someone in my home helping me with my kids for the sole reason that I enjoy acting like a complete crazy person entertaining them and I can’t do this when other people are around…except for my parents and husband.
- When I was 16 I got a heart-shaped tattoo in a place only my husband can see (think care bears) which I completely regret because I fear what it will look like in 20 years.
- I hate when people come up to me and make ridiculous comments about having twins. For example, when I’m by myself and I have a kid in each arm, both of whom are screaming their heads off because they’re hungry, and I’m rummaging through my bag looking for anything that could pass for food, I don’t appreciate random people stopping to say things like “they must keep you busy” or “you have your hands full”…clearly I’m busy and my hands are full so leave me alone.
- I love vacuuming because I can’t stand the feeling of crumbs on my feet. You can only imagine how many times a day I vacuum since the twinadoes started walking and eating actual food.
- I feel bad that my husband works so hard and is missing all the bonding time. At the same time, I love that at the end of the day the kids will fight to sit on MY lap. That’s awful, I know.
- I couldn’t be happier with my life. I love all the people around me and I feel very blessed for everything I have.